An amazingly delicious white chocolate coconut and passionfruit sponge cake with a rich, refreshing and chocolatey flavor it a total hit this season! Plus, this cake is well moist and creamy, ideal for any occasion. The thing that is so easy to prepare, makes this dessert perfect for everyone who wants to spend some time in the kitchen and express love through cooking. Try the following recipe:
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 1 ¼ cup flour, sifted
- 6 eggs, separated
- 550 ml heavy cream, whipped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cup toasted shredded coconut
- 200 grams white chocolate, shaved (with a potato peeler)
- 220 grams passionfruit topping or pulp
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Paper and butter a 22 cm/9-inch springform cake pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar and egg yolks until very thick, creamy, and pale. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the egg whites and apply them into the sugar and yolks mixture. Add the flour and mix to incorporate.
- Next, pour into the tin and place in the preheated oven. Bake 30 minutes until well-cooked or until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Then, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before removing from the tin.
- Cut the sponge with a kitchen twine into three equal layers.
- Apply the bottom layer onto a plate and spread one-quarter of the cream over the cake layer. Sprinkle a half cup of coconut and one-third of the shaved white chocolate over the whipped cream. Then, drizzle half the passionfruit topping/plop evenly to finish. Repeat the process with the second layer.
- Place the third layer of sponge on top and spread the rest of the whipped cream evenly all over the sponge. Dash the remaining coconut and white chocolate over the whipped cream. Slice and serve.