This walnut panna cotta with chocolate sauce is so rich and very delicious! A unique and special panna cotta flavor combined with a nice chocolate sauce…yummy! Easy to prepare and even easier to eat. Try the recipe!
For the walnut panna cotta:
- 2 ¾ cups milk
- 1 packet (7 gram) gelatin powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 50 grams’ walnuts
- 5 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- 150 ml heavy cream
- 100 grams high quality chocolate
For garnish (optional):
- A few walnuts
- In a blender or food processor, process the walnuts until powdered. Set aside.
- Place the water in a small bowl and sprinkle over the gelatin. Combine and leave aside to set for 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, pour the milk in a saucepan and add the sugar. Heat over medium heat, stir occasionally until the sugar dissolves and the mixture come to a slow boil. Fold in the gelatin and cook, stirring for 1 minute or just until the gelatin dissolves.
- Remove from heat and immediately add the blended walnuts along with the vanilla extract; stir to incorporate.
- Pour mixture into 4 to 6 ramekins. Let them cool at room temperature for 15 minutes, before refrigerating.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- 5 minutes before serving, prepare the chocolate sauce: in a small saucepan, pour the heavy cream and add the chocolate. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the chocolate is melted and you get a nice, semi-thick mixture. Remove.
- Top the walnut panna cotta with the chocolate sauce, garnish with some walnuts (if desired) and serve.