These indulgent and really delicious homemade chocolate chips are so cute and perfect for all your favorite dessert recipes, especially cookies. Your friends and family will adore them! Here is the recipe:
- 1 oz. dark chocolate (75%- 80% cocoa solids), chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey (or 1 teaspoon/5 grams Stevia)
- Use parchment paper to line a baking sheet.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, apply the dark chocolate and microwave on high for 30 sec. If the chocolate is not entirely melted, microwave on high for 5 more sec.; then stir for 2 minutes until smooth and well melted. Apply the honey and continue stirring until well incorporated and smooth.
- Next, again – microwave the honey chocolate mixture on high for 6 sec.
- Remove and spoon it into a small zip-topped bag. Cut off one corner; pipe mini dots onto the prepared parchment paper.
- After piping around 1/2 of the mixture, slightly touch a toothpick (or your fingertip) into the middle of every dot; lift it up in order to make the iconic chocolate chips point.
- Then, continue with the remaining honey chocolate mixture. Allow the chocolate chips to firm before transferring to an airtight container. And you are ready to try them!
Note: The recipe yields 3 tablespoons. Before increasing the recipes, start with the measurements above. It is possible to double, triple, or quadruple, of course, but you will need extra help or you will need to work quickly in order to avoid the chocolate hardening before it is piped onto the paper.