Amazingly delicious truffle smooched chocolate mousse that you can prepare it anytime – and you know why? Because you need just a few simple ingredients and a little magic to get a luxurious and yummy mousse. Try it:
- 5 egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 100 grams’ high-quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), finely chopped
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Handmade truffle or store-bought truffle cookies, for garnishing (optional)
- In a double boiler (over fast boiling water) whisk the egg yolks, vanilla extract, sugar, and salt together and warm for around 3 minutes or just until the mixture is bubbling a bit and feels warm to touch.
- Using a whisk combine ingredients and warm for about 3 minutes over rapidly boiling water, until the mix is bubbling just a little and feels warm to the touch.
- Immediately remove from the heat and apply the chopped dark chocolate. Let the chocolate sit in the mixture for 1 minute, then stir until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool a little bit.
- In the meantime, using an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Then, gently apply the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture (1/3 at a time).
- Divide mousse into servings glasses/cups, and refrigerate (uncovered) for at least 4-5 hours to set.
- Before serving, garnish with store-bought truffle cookies or handmade truffles (if desired). Serve.