These Thanksgiving cookies are so cute and beautiful! Plus, they are very rich and delicious! Perfect for the holidays! You will need around 15 minutes to make these cookies and around 30 minutes to decorate them. Simple and nice, here is the easiest Thanksgiving cookies recipe:
For the cookies:
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 2 sticks butter
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Ingredients for the Thanksgiving decoration (if desired):
- Dark peanut butter cups, miniatures
- Peanut butter cups
- candy eyes
- peanut butter candies (I used Reese’s Pieces)
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
To make the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-low speed, cream the sugar and butter together. Fold in the egg and vanilla extract, beat to incorporate.
- Gradually apply the flour mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Next, roll out the dough on a working surface (use some more flour if needed) and cut out shapes.
- Place in the oven and bake it for about 7-8 minutes (to get soft cookies, but if you like crisp cookies, bake a bit longer).
- Remove and allow to cool. Then, decorate the Thanksgiving cookies.
To make the Thanksgiving decoration:
- Unwrap the candies. Leave aside.
- Melt chocolate chips on a low heat or in a microwave until
- Place melted chocolate in a plastic bag then cut a small piece off the corner.
- Pipe a little bit of melted chocolate onto the back of the miniatures and apply on the far side of the full-size
- Pipe a little bit of melted chocolate onto the back of the candy eyes and apply on the turkey’s head.
- Pipe a little bit of melted chocolate onto the side of an orange peanut butter candies and apply on the miniature for the turkey’s nose.
- Pipe a little bit of melted chocolate onto the back of more peanut butter candies and apply at the top of the full-size cup for the feathers. Immediately apply on the baked cookies (see image) and let sit until chocolate is entirely firm.
- Serve and enjoy!
Happy Thanksgiving Day!