Yummy as it can be, this Nutella crepe cake is ideal for any occasion! Surprise your family and friends with this interesting pancake dessert that is so creamy, rich, and delicious! Use store-bought crepes or crepe mixture for a simplified version of this recipe.
- 24 to 28 crepes
- 1 ¼ cups Nutella hazelnut spread
- 1 ¼ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup heavy cream, cold
- 60 grams’ dark chocolate melted, for garnish (optional)
- Frist, make the pancakes/crepes as you usually do. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat Nutella and butter together until well mixed, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream until it forms a soft peak.
- Apply half of the whipped cream to the hazelnut spared mixture and beat until well incorporated. Add the remaining whipped cream.
- Apply one crepe on a round serving dish, then spread a thin layer of Nutella cream mixture. Apply another pancake evenly on top. Repeat the process with the remaining crepes. In case your pancake layers look like they are sliding around, refrigerate the cake for 10 to 15 minutes to set the butter.
- Spread a very thick layer of Nutella cream mixture on the top (and the sides if you want) of the cake.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave (30 sec. intervals on high speed) and spread over the cake (if desired).
- Chill the cake for at least 40 minutes before slicing. Slice and serve.