The specific Italian culture, tradition, and cuisine play a significant role in the world and the interest of Italian kitchen is growing every day. Many (non-Italian) people are excepting the Italian style of living and cooking. So, if you are interested in Italia and its amazingly delicious cuisine then you got to try this recipe that will help you to set the table just like an Italian. This antipasto recipe is the first thing you got to do to impress on Italian way! Plus, the combination of ingredients tastes like heaven! Here is the recipe:
- 1 cantaloupe melon
- 55 grams/2 oz. Italian salami, thinly sliced
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 8 slices bresaola
- 8 slices mortadella
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 fresh figs, quartered
- 55 grams/ 2 oz. black olives, stoned
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil leaves
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- Sliced ciabatta loaf, to serve
- Cut the melon in half, scoop out and discard the seeds, then cut the flesh into 8 wedges. Arrange the wedges on one half of a large serving platter.
- Arrange the salami, prosciutto, bresaola, and mortadella in loose folds on the other half of the platter. Arrange the tomato slices and fig quarters along the center of the platter.
- Sprinkle the olives and basil over the platter and drizzle with oil. Season to taste with pepper, then serve with slices of ciabatta and extra oil, for dipping and drizzling.