Gingerbread cake is a great part of the Christmas holidays in many cultures. And this flourless gingerbread cake is the best one for this season! Everyone will love it because it’s gluten-free and delicious! Try the recipe:
- 350 grams (2 ½ cups) ground almonds (=almond flour; almond meal)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- A pinch of salt
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 5 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 8 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, cooled
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 large egg, beaten (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Grease an 8-in. square baking pan; set aside. In a blender, process the almonds in order to get 350 grams’ almond flour.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and granulated sugar. Add the brown sugar and whisk to incorporate again.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and apply the egg, maple syrup, molasses, honey, and butter, mixing to incorporate after each addition. Pour the water and oil, and combine well. You should get a thick batter (if not add some more almond flour or almond meal).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Apply the pan in the center of the preheated oven; bake around 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Remove from the oven. Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve.