These Ferrero cupcakes are so rich, crispy and creamy and really delicious! You will need around 20 minutes to prepare them plus around 30 minutes to cook. Beautiful on the outside and tasty on the inside! Try them! Here is the recipe:
Servings 12 cupcakes
For Chocolate Cupcakes:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 Ferrero Rocher cookies (frozen for 2 hours)
- 12 Ferrero Rocher cookies (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Line standard (12) cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Next, in a bowl, combine together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, whisk together egg, oil, melted butter, buttermilk, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Apply dry ingredients and beat well to combine.
- Full 2/3 of the cupcake liners: add 1 tablespoon of the batter then add 1 frozen Ferrero Rocher ball in each cup and apply remaining butter.
- Place in the oven and bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the cupcake comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
- Before serving, garnish with more Ferrero cookies or pipe whipped cream (if desired).