This chocolate rum buttercream is the ideal thing for Valentine’s day or any “love date”. It is 2 in 1 recipe because you can use it as a frosting or as a dip. It is very easy to prepare, plus very quick: you will need only 7 minutes to make it! Surprise your loved ones with a chocolatey and buzzy buttercream frosting. Try it!
- 4 ounce (125 grams) dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, add dark chocolate and melt over a low heat (or in a microwave for 30 sec.) until melted and smooth. Remove and stir in the dark rum. Set aside to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Then, put heavy cream and vanilla, and mix until well combined. Add dark rum and chocolate mixture and beat until fully.
- Fill or top cookies, cakes, or cupcakes, using a knife or piping bag. Plus, you can use it as a dip for fruits like strawberries, banana, or cherries.