This dark chocolate mousse with strawberries is so simple and easy to prepare. You will need just 20 minutes to make It plus chilling time. You can have it as an energy breakfast or a nice, creamy dessert after dinner. Plus it goes perfectly with a cup of coffee. Here is the recipe:
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 6 ounces good-quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6-8 strawberries, sliced
- grated dark chocolate (optional)
- a few fresh strawberries (optional)
- In a medium bowl, place chopped dark chocolate; set aside.
- Next, in a saucepan, heat ½ cup heavy cream, sugar and salt until cream comes to boil (and sugar is completely dissolved). Immediately apply the hot cream over chopped dark chocolate. Set aside for 30 seconds. Then, stir in vanilla extract and continue stirring until you get a nice, creamy smooth mixture. Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, using an electric mixer, whisk the remaining one cup heavy cream until soft peaks form. Apply ½ of the whipped cream into the chocolate mix and combine. Then, add a few strawberries (sliced) and gently apply in remaining whipped cream.
- If you want to get a slightly crunchy mousse, you can add in 1-2 tablespoons grated chocolate with the 2nd half of the whipped cream (optional).
- Pipe or spoon mixture into 4 serving glasses/cups/bowls. Cover and place in the fridge for about 2 hours (or until set).