Today, I present you a silky dark chocolate ganache that has many uses. It can be creamed to use as an icing or filling, or just poured over any cake you like.
- 250 grams (9 oz.) good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 235 ml (8 ounces) double cream
- 1 tablespoon dark rum (optional)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey)
- In a medium bowl, put the chocolate. In a small saucepan, heat the double cream over medium heat. Bring just to the boil, watching carefully not to boil out of the pot.
- When the double cream has come to the boil, pour over the chocolate, add the maple syrup/honey and beat until smooth. Add in the rum if using.
- Let the ganache cool very slightly (no longer than 1 minute) before applying over a cake.
- For a chocolate filling or fluffy frosting, let it cool until thick, then beat with a whisk until bright and fluffy.