This creamy cold Swiss roll cake is so creamy and rich! Italian torta fredda with the popular Swiss roll – simply delicious! Here is the recipe:
For the crust:
- 12-13 Pan di Stelle (Italian biscuit cookies) or Oreos, crushed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
For the filling:
- 250 ml heavy cream
- 20 grams icing sugar
- 110 ml condensed milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 grams white chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package chocolate Swiss Roll
- Crush the biscuit-cookies and place them into a blender/food processor along with melted butter and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Blend them and remove the mixture. Press it into a 9-inch pie dish. Using a spoon press the crumbs up the side of the plate and the side of your hand to press down on the top. Place in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, put the icing sugar into the mixing bowl and add the whipping cream. Whisk until it reaches stiff peaks. Then, add the condensed milk, vanilla, and the egg yolk and mix until well combined.
- With the help of a spatula, pour the cream on the crust. Next, cut the Swiss roll into circles and decorate the cake (see recipe image).
- Place in the fridge for 6 hours – ideally overnight.
Note: You can serve this cake straight from the fridge – don’t worry – it won’t be ice cold – just semi-cold and creamy!