A perfect treat for all peanut butter lovers! Have you had a good day at work? Your daughter made you proud today? Coping with a terrible breakup or divorce? Don’t worry! This jumbo chocolate peanut butter cake will make you celebrate yourself, your life, or …will simply make your day! Enjoy!
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 18 ounces/510 grams milk, semisweet, and/or dark, bittersweet chocolate (preferably 70% cacao), chopped
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut or other vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1 pound (around 3 ½ ) unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons fine sea salt
- A 10″ fluted tart pan with removable bottom
- Special Equipment
- Spray a pie pan ring with nonstick spray, and use a plastic wrap to wrap the removable bottom of the pan – make the removable bottom smooth by removing the excess plastic underneath. Set inside the ring.
- Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set it over a saucepan of hot water; stir until melted. Next, remove from heat and pour the oil, and combine well. By stirring occasionally, let it cool a little just until chocolate mixture firms, around 5-7 minutes.
- Put a little less than 1/2 of chocolate mix into prepared tart pan; set aside the remaining chocolate mix (at room temperature). Tilt pan till bottom is coated. Then, chill until set, around 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, purée powdered sugar, salt, peanuts, and peanut butter in a food processor, scraping bowl often, till mixture creates a large mass around the blade that sticks together; don’t overprocess or mixture will be too soft and greasy.
- Transfer peanut blend to a sheet of wax paper and press firmly into a smaller disk than the diameter of the tart pan – till no cracks remain. Slowly insert a disk into the tart dish, centering it. Then, peel off and remove wax paper.
- Place reserved chocolate mix (it need to be the evenness of fudge sauce) over the midpoint of peanut disk. Then tilt the pie pan in order to spread completely over the top; try to fill the gaps between edges of disk and pan, till smooth. Chill until set, around 45 minutes.
- Remove sides of pie pan. Slowly take tart off the bottom of the pan, then slide on a platter while taking away the plastic wrap. Leave it at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes, then cut into wedges.
Note: the only ingredient for the peanuts need to be “peanuts.” Do not buy the peanuts with salt and oil or added dry roasted peanuts that have many seasonings.