This chocolate Affogato mousse is so rich, creamy and incredibly delicious! Perfect dessert for any occasion and easy to prepare – simply ideal! If you are a coffee and mousse lover, then you need to try this 15-minute chocolate treat. Plus, according to industry standards, this recipe is gluten-free. Try it!
- 90 ml freshly brewed espresso coffee
- 300 grams of store-bought custard
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 120 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 egg whites
- 1 ½ tablespoon light muscovite sugar
- A splash of warm espresso coffee and/or cocoa powder, to garnish
- In a small saucepan, pour the prepared espresso, chopped chocolate, and cocoa powder and stir together over a low-medium heat.
- Once the chocolate is melted, remove from the heat and fold into a large mixing bowl to chill (for 5-7 minutes).
- In the meantime, in a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Apply the sugar and a pinch of salt, and whisk again for 1 minute to incorporate.
- In a medium bowl, place the custard mixture, fold in the chilled chocolate mixture, and stir in one-third of the beaten egg whites; beat until smooth, and then apply the rest of the egg whites with a large spoon. Make sure to keep in as much air as possible.
- To finish, divide the batter between 4 to 6 small serving glasses/pots/ ramekins. Chill for at least 4-5 hours (ideally overnight).
- Before serving, dust with cocoa powder and a little splash of warm espresso on the side.