This sweet little caramel and cardamom kisses are so delicious! Simple and very easy to prepare these tiny kisses will take your breath away! Here is the recipe:
- 1 ¼ cups (185 grams) sifted self-rising flour
- ¾ cup (165 grams) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¾ cup (180 ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 grams melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup (300 grams) store-bought thick caramel
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Generously grease a 12×30 ml capacity patty pan tin. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, place the sugar, flour, cardamom, eggs, butter, milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, apply the egg whites and beat until stiff peaks form. Next, gently fold the beaten egg whites into the batter and combine to incorporate.
- Apply 1 tablespoon of the batter into each hole of the pan.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Turn out cookies onto a wire rack, allow to cool.
- Then, repeat with remaining batter to make around 36 cookies. Spread 1/2 the cookies with the caramel – sandwich with the remaining cookies – makes 18. Serve.